The Tropical Entrepreneur – Josh Denning on Building a Digital Agency Overseas WPCP: 068August 15, 2015 December 14, 2018 /
I’m joined today by Josh Denning from Tropical Entrepreneur. Before Josh moved to Thailand to set up his very own digital agency, he spent the last 12 years in the marketing industry. He worked with a lot of companies and he managed to launch a product himself. Josh took a couple of years off to figure out exactly what he was going to do and moved to Thailand. He found a digital agency there and worked his way up in that job. 18 months ago, he moved away from that business to set up his own, new digital agency. Josh had a great experience doing this as he had previously worked over seas. He also watched training videos and read blog posts about setting up companies in other countries, so he was mentally prepared for this next step.
[tweet_box]”There is no better way to learn than to closely observe what the experts are doing.” – Josh Denning[/tweet_box]
We touch on authority in this podcast and Josh did the consulting for Authority Factory. He was reading books such as “Think and Grow Rich” and “See You at the Top” and that started him on a journey to studying authorities. A tip from Josh about authority is that when you’re starting off it helps a lot to use your personal authority and pass some of that over to your enterprise.
Questions I Asked Josh
- What were you doing before you started Tropical Entrepreneur?
- All of the internet marketing you were doing with the product launches, you were doing whilst you had a full time job?
- So you got a taste of the freedom that working for yourself really brings you?
- What was that like creating your own company in another country?
- What is the name of your agency?
- Were there any challenges you faced when launching this?
- Fill me in on how you came to doing the consulting for Authority Factory? What brought you to that place?
- What would you recommend to somebody who wanted to get started in that authority piece and building their brand that way?
- Do you have any client stories?
- What’s the most fun thing for you in getting these people launched with their authority?
- What’s the time frame on writing a book?
- Do you think there is a base foundation? Or what would be the criteria that you look at for somebody who wants to step into the authority marketing piece?
- Is there anything fun that you’d like to share that maybe people don’t know about you?
[tweet_box]”I think having a team is the key to growth and scalability.” – Kim Doyal[/tweet_box]
What You’re Going to Learn
- How Josh managed to start his own digital agency in another country
- The challenges he faced whilst setting up his digital agency
- Some tips on how to build up your authority
- A couple of Josh’s amazing client stories and how they got to where they are now
[tweet_box]”One of the fastest ways you can accelerate your authority without a shadow of a doubt is starting a podcast and also a book.” – Josh Denning[/tweet_box]
Where to connect with Josh