The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur with John JantschOctober 23, 2019 October 5, 2020 /
The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur is a new book by John Jantsch, and one I’ll be getting for many of my entrepreneurial friends as gifts (and must-reads).
This book speaks to me on so many levels and I was thrilled to get the opportunity to talk to John about it.
I’ve been a reader for as long as I can remember. In fact, as a child, I used to just re-read the books I had when I needed something to read (it never occurred to me to ask my parents to take me to the library, which they would have gladly done).
I’m always reading multiple books at one time, based on what I need or want at the moment, but once in a while, a book comes along that becomes part of your daily routine and a staple on your nightstand or desk.
That’s what The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur is… one of those books that become part of your daily routine.
Questions I Asked John
- This book is pretty different from the other books you’ve written. What inspired you to write this book?
- How did you decide which transcendentalists to study/include in the book?
- In what ways do you think entrepreneurs are NOT self-reliant?
- Why do you think we need this book now?
- You mentioned that you’ve learned a great deal about yourself when writing this book. What can you share that you learned that has impacted how you do business?
- This is a new take on the ‘morning routine’… I love the challenge questions. Were you going through the challenges as you wrote the book?
What You’re Going to Learn
- Why John decided to write this book (and how it’s been a 20-year process)
- How he decided which transcendentalists to include in the book
- What John learned about himself personally while writing this book
- How you can create a journaling practice around the book and the challenge questions
- How our current time mirrors the time that the transcendentalists lived and spoke their truth
Where to Connect with John
Links from this episode