Problogger 7 Link Challenge #7Links
I love it when an idea for a post just shows up…without much effort on my part! This was one of those occasions. I subscribe to Problogger’s feed and have it on my iGoogle homepage (because I’m THAT impatient…don’t want to wait until tomorrow to get the good stuff… 😉 ) and here’s the post title from Darren today: “Take the 7 link Challenge Today #7 Links”. I was pretty pleased to see a great idea for a post that I could pull together with some thought and a little reminiscing! So….that being said- here’s my 7 Links post!
1) Your First Post: Yowza….I think this may be a bit embarassing- I enjoyed a good chuckle when re-reading it. Needless to say I haven’t revisited the podcast challenge (dove into video first)- but now am inspired to do so! But I did get the iPhone! 🙂 Here’s the post:
2) A Post you Enjoyed Writing: I was like a kid at Christmas with this one! When I saw the subject line of this link post I knew instantly which post it was…it was my post and first video on StudioPress Genesis! I was ridiculously excited when Genesis came out! Here’s the post:
3) A Post which had a great discussion: Hmm..this was a little more tricky- because the StudioPress Genesis had some great comments, but the one that was a little more heated was the post about John Reese’s Outsource Force. You can check that post out here:
4) A Post on someone else’s blog that you wish you’d written: This wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be- mainly because there are too many to choose from! But this one was timely (as in today)- and something I think ANYONE who is building an online business needs to read! Here’s the link:
5) Your most helpful Post: This by far has received the most traffic – especially with my tutorials! This post is what made me shift towards doing more StudioPress tutorials! You can check it out here:
6) A Post with a title that you are proud of: This was a little harder than I initially thought it would be- and a HUGE wake-up call that I need to think a little harder about writing better post titles (just hard because studying copy writing isn’t something I’m terribly thrilled to do- but know it’s super important!). Here’s the post:
7) A Post that you wish more people had read: I knew right away which one I would choose for this! I decided to read this after getting an email from someone whose list I’m on. First off let me say that I think there’s PLENTY of room for everyone to succeed online- regardless of your niche. If you have the drive, desire and are consistent, you can definitely succeed (some niche’s may take longer than others- but if you’re passionate, work hard and come from a place of integrity- you can build a successful business!). But it totally bugs me when people hop from one thing to the next- saying they can teach you x,y or z when they’re not doing it themselves! Don’t get me wrong- you have to start somewhere- but claiming to teach people about blogging when you RARELY post on your own site is pretty lame.
Ok…enough ranting. Here’s the post:
What about you? Up for the 7 Link Challenge? This was enlightening & fun to say the least!