Plugin Development & Leaving Envato with Gordan Orlic WPCP: 110August 25, 2016 September 23, 2019 /
This episode is brought to you by my sponsor, Sitelock.
Plugin development goes much deeper than the technical side of development. My guest, Gordan Orlic of WebFactoryLtd. went deep with me in this episode.
Gordan and I connected through something so simple… and yet not many people do it.
Gordan and his team at WebFactoryltd. have been selling their plugins through the Envato Marketplace for a while now and they’ve made a decision to start transitioning out of that marketplace.
When he emailed me to see if I was interested in talking with him, of course, I said yes… I’m fascinated with the premium WordPress marketplace (plugins, themes and tutorials…it doesn’t matter. And it’s exciting to see it growing).
Gordan and his team have a bunch of plugins over at Envato (CodeCanyon… to be specific) and definitely have their work cut out for them (but it will be well worth it).[clickToTweet tweet=”‘It’s a bit more difficult to go from investment, to conversion, to money.’ @WebFactoryLtd” quote=”‘It’s a bit more difficult to go from investment, to conversion, to money.'” theme=”style6″]
Questions I asked Gordan
- Before we dive into WebFactoryLtd., can you share what you were doing before you launched WebFactory?
- When did you decide to launch WebFactory?
- What would you recommend to someone who wants to get into premium plugin development?
- Why are you and your team moving away from Code Canyon?
- How big is your team?
- How do you market your plugins?
- Tell us about the white label plugin side of your business?
What You’re Going to Learn
- How the pricing models are shifting in the WordPress premium marketplace
- Why Gordan & his team are leaving Envato
- Why paying for support is necessary
- Who should actually be using Code Canyon
- The real cost in keeping your plugins up to date and compatible
- What the process is for moving off of Code Canyon
- What Gordan really thinks about Code Canyon’s support
- The new WordPress news site Gordan & his team has launched
Some of WebFactoryLtd.’s plugins:
- Google Maps Widget
- Optin Ninja
- Security Ninja
- Super Agency
- 5 Sec PayPal buttons
- Core Scanner
- …. and more!
The first plugin that Gordan and his team have moved from Code Canyon is the Google Maps Widget… which makes it super easy (literally… you won’t be banging your head against the wall trying to figure this out), to add a Google Map to your website.[button url=”http://thewpchick.com/googlemaps” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#2f90a1″ size=”10″ center=”yes” radius=”5″]Get the Google Maps Widget Plugin[/button]
Where to Connect with Gordan