Personalized Marketing with Matt Barnett of Bonjoro WPCP: 170December 1, 2017 September 23, 2019 /
I have a confession to make before we get into the interview with Matt.
I was SUPER hesitant about using Bonjoro when I first came across it because I was still in my “I don’t want to be on camera” phase. For the longest time, I didn’t really think I needed to video, or should I say, be on video. I was used to doing screencasts of tutorials and never really thought about doing video with me on camera (I won’t bother trying to dissect that in this post).
Fast forward to this past year and the introduction fo live streaming and I finally accepted that it was time to jump into video.
But video is only one piece of the puzzle with Bonjoro.
What makes Bonjoro so unique is that they’ve taken the medium of video and combined it with personalization. Whether it’s onboarding, sending a quick message, or thanking someone for subscribing… a quick welcome video goes a long way.
I had the good fortune of sitting down with one of the founders, Matt Barnett to talk about Bonjoro, how they came up with it, how they’re growing, and why they all have custom bear suits.
Questions I Asked Matt
- Can you share with the listeners what Bonjoro is?
- What’s the story behind the company and the team?
- What were you doing before Bonjoro?
- What were some of the challenges you guys faced when launching Bonjoro?
- How are you guys marketing Bonjoro?
- What’s coming next for Bonjoro?
What You’re Going To Learn
- Why everyone in the company has a personal bear suit (and how you can get one)
- Why Bonjoro is NOT ‘mass video email’
- How you can get your first 10 customers who love you
- How Bonjoro helped ConvertKit reduce their churn by 19% in 6 weeks
- Why Bonjoro is all about outstanding customer service
Where to Connect with Matt & Bonjoro
Leave a Comment