Miestro Course Platform with Justin Burns KDS: 003June 8, 2018 September 23, 2019 /
I had the good pleasure of becoming friends with Justin Burns a few years ago in a mastermind.
I’ve often said that the relationships from the mastermind are probably my biggest take away from the time, energy, and money invested. Connecting with like-minded people who wanted to do more with their business, were positive, and in it for the long run.
Justin Burns is the co-founder of a new course platform called Miestro (yep, that’s how it’s spelled). Justin has been in the online marketing space for over 10 years. He’s done it all: services, products, and now software. What I love most about Justin’s story is that his business has evolved and grown as he has. One of the things I asked Justin was how he felt launching a software product in a space with some big companies who already have traction (we all face that dilemma, don’t we?).
Let’s jump in!
Questions I asked Justin
- Can you share your background and what you were doing before you launched Miestro?
- What made you jump into software
- Online teaching platforms are competitive. What made you choose this space?
- Can you share some of the features in Miestro and what makes it unique?
- Who is Miestro for?
- What’s on the roadmap for Miestro? (I love getting a sneak peek at features)
Justin shared this quote with me in the episode, and I love it:[click_to_tweet tweet=”“Where there’s competition, there’s more innovation to be done”” quote=”“Where there’s competition, there’s more innovation to be done”” theme=”style6″]
What You’re Going to Learn
- How they’ve solved the problem of course engagement (keeping people engaged)
- What Justin feels is the biggest thing you can do to set yourself up for success when launching a product
- How they got ‘early adopters’ for the software
- How they’re going to use free content to grow the brand and support their customers
- Where Justin sees an opportunity for online courses (hint: Apple TV)
- How they created phases for the software as benchmarks for growing
Connect with Justin & Try Miestro