Messenger Marketing with Mikael Yang of ManyChat KDS: 012August 22, 2018 September 23, 2019 /
Messenger marketing is here to stay… now is the time to get in.
I have to admit that I wasn’t thrilled when Messenger marketing started gaining some traction last year. Not because I didn’t see the value in it, but because like anything else that’s new, people jump in and go 100 miles an hour without looking where they’re going. There were a handful of marketers that seemed to be going all in with Messenger marketing but they hadn’t really taken the time to understand the platform and how it would best serve their audience.
They jumped in thinking it was just like email marketing, but they did it more often than they send emails. I remember one marketer (who shall remain nameless), who sent 8 Messenger messages in one day. Not surprisingly, I unsubscribed immediately.
The beauty of where we’re at today with Messenger marketing is that the people who didn’t see ‘instant’ results have gone onto the next shiny object and we’re still in the ‘early adopter phase’ of this platform.
What completely changed my perspective on Messenger marketing was the free course that ManyChat put out (it’s fantastic btw, I highly recommend going through the full course). They explained very clearly that Messenger is conversational marketing. You can’t treat it the same way you treat email marketing (which I don’t think is dying or going anywhere either, but more on that later).
This interview with Mikael Yang of ManyChat is going to make you look at Messenger in a whole new way.
Questions I Asked Mikael
- What were you doing prior to starting ManyChat?
- When did you first come up with the idea for ManyChat?
- What makes ManyChat different from other chat platforms?
- Can you run ads within Messenger?
- How are people using Messenger with Live streams?
- What made you decide to launch the free course on ManyChat?
- Can you tell us about the Conversations Conference in September?
- What’s coming for ManyChat?
What You’re Going to Learn
- How many Messenger messages are sent and opened daily (this will blow your mind)
- Why Messenger ads are a huge opportunity for any business today
- What the ONE thing is that people are doing wrong with Messenger (it’s not what you think)
- What the flow builder is
- Why they invested so much time on their UI (which I LOVE)
- What is happening at the Conversations Conference in Austin in September
- Why you need to start using Messenger TODAY
- What a JSON ad is (I wanted clarification)
Where to Connect with Mikael & ManyChat