Live Streaming Success with Ross Brand WPCP: 163September 3, 2017 September 9, 2019 /
I have a confession to make.
I was SUPER hesitant to jump into live streaming. For a few reasons. The first reason was that I would have to “get ready”, as in, do my hair & makeup every day (O.K., technically I don’t have to do that. I get that most people really don’t care if what you look like if the content is good, but this was my hang up). Another reason was that I didn’t want to just jump on at talk at people. I wanted to have a strategy, plan it a bit, and make sure I had some time to promote the live stream.
When I did jump in I got results INSTANTLY.
I was floored by the engagement, the number of people that showed up (more than normally show up for a webinar), and the traffic to my live stream post after the event (I pull the videos into my site with Simple Social Press and write a post along with the video. The bonus with using Simple Social Press is that it also pulls the Facebook comments into the site as blog comments, which is awesome).
I knew I wanted to have someone on the show to talk about live streaming and after seeing Ross Brand everywhere, I knew I wanted to connect with him. We recorded this a few months ago and things have just gotten bigger (and better) since we first connected.
Questions I Asked Ross
- Can you share a little bit about your background and how you got into live streaming & broadcasting?
- What is your current business?
- What are some of the things people are doing with live streaming?
- How are people monetizing live streaming?
- Why do you think people are so hesitant to get into live streaming?
- Who are some of the people that you see doing live streaming well?
What You’re Going to Learn
- The three different ways people are monetizing live streaming
- How Mario Armstrong, of the ‘Never Settle Show’ is using live streaming to grow his brand
- What differentiates live streaming from T.V.
- The technical basics you need to get into live streaming
- The power of finding the right platform for your audience
- Why you should look at live streaming as a content strategy
Where to Connect with Ross