Interview with Brendan Hufford on SEO & Content Marketing KDS: 021
Brendan Hufford is one of those people…
You know the kind I’m referring to. They show up out of the blue (well, what feels like out of the blue) and you instantly like them. Brendan showed up in my Facebook group, Content Creators, and gave a fabulous in-depth response to a question about SEO. I was humbled by his ‘give’ in the group and instantly asked him if he’d be willing to do a live stream about SEO, to which he said yes.
Brendan completely over-delivered on the live stream, it went an hour and a half and he answered tons of questions.
I’ve spoken with Brendan a few times since and he’s quickly become one of my favorite people on the internet. It’s refreshing to find someone online who is in this for the long haul, really puts people first, and has the skills to back it up. We really went deep with where SEO is heading (and when I say we, I mean Brendan… I just asked the questions), being in content for the long haul, what Google is able to pick up and where things are heading.
One of the things I love most about talking to Brendan is that he’s super direct…. about everything. Regardless of whether you’re an influencer or a CEO, Brendan is direct. He knows I’m a GaryVee fan, and he called out something that Gary says, which is “document don’t create.” GaryVee didn’t document starting his business because he was busy working. Telling a newbie to document, not create, is setting someone up for failure. And it’s exhausting.I'm not going to come on your podcast and cool-guy your audience. @BrendanHuffordClick To Tweet
Questions I Asked Brendan
- Can you share your background with the audience?
- What has changed with SEO?
- What are your thoughts on repurposing content?
- What is the impact of SEO and publishing on other platforms?
- What are some of the metrics you use to find the right clients?
- How do you feel about ‘being seen’ everywhere?
What You’re Going to Learn
- The mistakes Brendan made when starting client work
- What SEO used to be like
- What you really need to be paying attention to with SEO (hint: it’s about people)
- How you can use long-form content to optimize for SEO
- What’s more natural to do in content
- The correct way to do link outreach (buh-bye canned email requests)
- Why you can’t ask questions without a goal in mind
Where to Connect with Brendan
Links from this episode