#FtheHUSTLE ~ 076 – Getting a New Perspective & Exploding KittinesApril 28, 2022 May 26, 2022 /
When my kids were little we had one of those wooden play structures in the backyard (slide, climbing, swings, etc.).
I remember when I decided to put an in-ground pool in the backyard that my son and I (he was bout 5 at the time), went up into the little ‘fort’ of the play structure to watch the pool crew dig the hole for the pool.
My son loved it! The first thing I noticed was that the pool was going to be shorter than I thought (seeing something on a blueprint vs. in-person – HUGE difference!).
I went back to the pool company and asked if we could extend the pool by a foot or two.
Amazing what a little perspective can do.
I felt the same thing about having friends in Costa Rica this past week. I’d like to think I don’t ever take for granted where I live, but seeing and hearing the appreciation through my friend’s eyes made me really proud of what I’ve created here.
And that I made this move.
It’s so important to do this in your business too.
Getting a different perspective can be as simple as:
- Taking some time off / away (even when you feel like you *should* be working).
- Looking at how far you’ve come! Make a list of everything you’ve accomplished with your business (not just monetary – think about new skills, relationships, behaviors, etc).
- Get off social media for a few days. I’m still sticking to my new habit of no social media on my phone in the mornings. I’m in awe of the impact.
- Working somewhere different! There’s a restaurant right by the beach here that put in little ‘cabanas’ with wifi… I’m going to take myself there and work from my laptop one day.
A different perspective is good for your mental health AND for inspiration.
Whenever I’m away from my desk for a while when I do get back to work I feel a whole new energy level.
This is also a GREAT way to get out of that “stuck” feeling that happens to all of us.
Suggestion: Do one thing differently to mix up your day-to-day routine and note how it shifts things for you.
Bonus if you can do something that feels fun! ?
A Little Brainpower ?
I hadn’t used WhatsApp in a long time until I moved to Costa Rica (everyone uses it here). This new feature makes community groups a little more interesting. Read “WhatsApp Announces Communities to Enhance Group Chats in the App.”
Related: WhatsApp Marketing: The New Way to Reach Your Customers
I’ve liked Instagram stories since they came out, but haven’t ever been super consistent (I think I’ll just do Costa Rica pics and call it a day ? kidding). Here are “25 Instagram Stories Ideas to Level-Up Your Social Strategy.”
Related: 21 Creative Instagram Stories Ideas for 2022
Tool Time ?
There is no lack of tools this week (only a lack of time to test and play ?). Here’s what I found for you!
- Optimized Checkout: Conversion-optimized checkout flows and upsells (similar to ThriveCart). Check out Spiffy Checkouts here.
- AI Writing: Unbounce has released a FREE AI writing tool that moves with you from a document to a blog post to an email & more. Use Smart Copy free here.
- Social proof: Take all those glowing social comments and put them on your website on one page! Get started for free with Famewall here.
- Sketch & Doodle: I can’t believe I haven’t shared this! Create unique sketch & doodle images for your content, products and more with this tool (desktop app). Checkout SketchWow here.
When Good Things Happen to Good People
I think this is one of the coolest stories ever!
The cartoonist, known as “The Oatmeal” (Matthew Inman), has taken his card game, “Exploding Kittens” (that had a million dollars in 24 hour Kickstarter Launch) and is making it a series on NETFLIX!
I love that he followed what he loved and it’s probably grown beyond his wildest dreams! I wonder how many people told him he couldn’t make living drawing cartoons?
Here’s a picture of the “cabanas” I’m going to test working at. Not a bad place to work for an afternoon, huh?
Have a fantastic day,
Leave a Comment