#FtheHUSTLE ~ 066 – No Social Media?February 17, 2022 February 24, 2022 /
There’s something about stepping into a new chapter in your business that gives you a bit of a boost (recharge?).
Even though you don’t know the outcome, the ability to make a decision and take action impacts you greatly.
For most entrepreneurs, this flows over into your non-business life as well (as do the less-than-fun experiences, unfortunately).
This is why it’s imperative that you learn to manage your mind.
Last week I shared that I made a big investment in my business. A week later I have zero regrets (if anything I feel even more confident in my decision because of the materials I’m going through).
This hasn’t always been the case when I’ve invested in a program, coach, or product.
The difference for me today is that I didn’t make this investment thinking someone else (or something else) was going to be the reason I succeeded.
I went into this with a very specific intention: to grow and scale Email Insiders.
Here’s what made this program so appealing to me:
- Selling a higher end program without sales calls
- Not relying on social media (can I get an Amen?)
- Creating a program that allows for scalability (with other coaches and team members)
- An evergreen model for courses and a rolling enrollment for Email Insiders
- Everything is part of ONE machine (i.e., the course students become ideal clients for the higher end program)
I also want to point out that I came across this particular individual about 2 years ago (I was in Boise, ID). I heard her on a podcast and even though I knew what evergreen was and understood it, I didn’t have direct experience or know someone who had mastered it.
She had also been very transparent about social media not being great for her mental health and that she didn’t want to create a bunch of free content anymore (I enjoy creating content, so don’t see that changing).
Stop and think about that for a minute.
She stopped creating content and doesn’t spend time on social (unless it’s communicating in the DMs about her programs) and still has a 5M business.
She relies on paid traffic, email, and joint ventures.
I’m sharing all of this to remind you that there are plenty of ways to grow an online business.
You probably won’t see me on TikTok anytime soon (unless it’s to run ads maybe?) or creating Reels (and yes, I know they get a lot of views).
I’m staying in my lane.
I’m focusing on growing my email list (hi! 👋), creating relationships here, and offering courses and programs that solve problems.
And for those of you who do create TikTok & Reels vids?
I enjoy watching you do your thing and am grateful for the smile you bring to my face.
A Little Brainpower 🧠
I am guilty as charged when it comes to some of these redundant phrases. This article by August Birch will help you eliminate some of these phrases. Read “Write Tighter: Do You Use Any of These Redundant Phrases?”
Related: Everybody Writes by Ann Handley
Wish your last offer did better? Struggling to get people to open your emails? I promise you if you just baby step your way into copywriting it will make all the difference in the world. Read “Copywriting That Gets People to Buy” by Andrew Holliday.”
Tool Time 🛠
Some free, some paid, all worth looking at.
- Newsletters: I was just telling a friend we should have a WP plugin developed for this. In the meantime, here’s a great way to sell newsletter ads and sponsorships. Check out Hecto.io here.
- Twitter: I may have shared this before, but lost the link for myself 😉. This tool creates great looking images with tweets to share elsewhere. Use Poet.so for free.
- Profile pic: Need to create the perfect profile pic for social? Use this free tool to crop a circle with exactly the right colors. Use Profile Pic Maker free here.
- Links: Now that I’m focusing more on list growth (thanks to launching Deliverit with Jason Resnick), I want to be better about tracking links so grabbed this tool. Get Switchy on this lifetime deal here.
Hahaha… admit it, most things are better with cheese! 😂
If you missed the launch last week, you can sign up for the Deliverit newsletter to watch us build an email list from scratch with weekly experiments where we share all the results.
I’ve got a new email course (free) that I’m releasing next week, so you’ll get access to that (as a PDF and through the course platform, so you don’t have to go through the drip sequence).
Be on the lookout for “Easy Email Marketing” next week.
Have a fantastic day,