#FtheHUSTLE ~ 057 – Have You Heard of Sharon Weiss?December 16, 2021 January 31, 2022 /
Honestly, I can’t make this stuff up.
This is one of those perfect instances where the internet wins… all.day.long.
In case you missed it, a woman named Sharon Weiss burned her Thanksgiving pie… because she
cooked torched it too long. ?
And then blamed Marie Callender (maker of said pie).
The internet has taken this to a whole new level.
(and it’s hilarious…)
Things like “My baby pooped in its diaper. Thanks, Huggies”
There’s a Facebook group called “What in the Sharon Weiss is going on here?” with over 54 THOUSAND people! ?
The content in the group is all funny things that have spun off from this one instance (I keep wondering if Sharon is an actual person, but I’m enjoying the commentary, so I’ll assume she is).
I joined the group because it’s pure comic relief… even if just for a few days.
It’s also a great reminder not to take things so seriously.
Building an online business is not for the weak of heart.
It takes massive determination, tenacity, and an eventual “thick-ish” skin (my skin is a lot thicker than it used to be, but I have my moments, just like everyone else).
You’ve probably experienced a few (or all) of these things:
- tech failure (I’ve had this happen mid-live stream)
- cart failure (someone wants to buy your product but can’t)
- spent more than you wanted with minimal results (ads, coaches, courses, software)
- had a falling out with someone (friend, business partner, collaboration, etc)
- missed a deadline
- had a failed launch
- pivoted in the wrong direction
- poured your heart & soul into something and had ZERO sales
- received an email, comment, social message from a troll
- wondered if you should give up this online thing
Instead of looking at any (or all) of those things above as a “problem”, accept that it’s simply part of the process.
Each time you have a challenging experience you learn how to handle it better. Not to mention (and more importantly IMO), you get clearer on what you actually want to be doing.
You get clear on how you want to spend your days and what work will bring you the greatest joy and highest profits.
It’s amazing when we stop taking things so seriously how much easier life flows.
Be easy about it all.
A Little Brainpower ?
I feel her pain. I cherish the days I don’t have to be on camera because I don’t do my hair and makeup. This YouTuber stopped wearing makeup in her videos and the results were (refreshingly) great. Read “Here’s What Happened When I Stopped Wearing Makeup In My YouTube Videos” by Zulie Rane here.
Related: 13 simple ways to promote your YouTube videos (without spending a fortune)
This is a great post on making better use of Instagram stories (I tend to look at stories more than the feed). Some very creative ideas on creating engagement with stories as well. Read “22 Instagram Stories Hacks That Will Blow Your Mind” by Jessica Worb here.
Related: I Borrowed James Clear’s Instagram Strategy to Grow My Email Newsletter
Tool Time ?
- Video: I’m a huge fan of Loom, but this looks like a great alternative to recording videos from Chrome and is free to use (for up to 10 videos a month and a watermark). Check out Tella for video here.
- Workflows: Get your processes and systems in place! This is a lifetime deal (and looks great) for creating automated processes. Check out Breakout here.
- Audiograms: I like the simplicity of this and the animated text with the wave files. Great for sharing audio content. Try MilkVideo free here.
- Zoom: I have needed this for way too long (anyone else have random Google docs with notes?). Create notes during your Zoom calls with the click of a button. Try Fathom video free here.
I am still using Jarvis for so many different projects. I usually start with the AIDA (attention, interest, desire, action) framework and/or PAS (problem, agitate, solution). I then take those and drill down deeper.
Jarvis has added a lot of smaller plans (starting at $29) which makes it easier to jump in for those who don’t write a lot. Try Jarvis here.
This week’s podcast episode is something we can all relate to.
You have an idea, you launch something, make an offer, and it doesn’t go the way you want. This was based on a text message from a coaching client.
Listen to “What if Frustration Was Just an Indicator? 3 Ways to Dig Deeper FTH: 081” here.
We held this workshop live this past spring and have turned it into a small course (7 videos). AND… you can get it for a hundred bucks off!
Successful content conversions come from promotion, not creation.
Save $100 on the NEW Content Promotion Code course here with coupon code BEST2022
Tomorrow I’m off to California for two weeks!
I’m looking forward to a little cooler weather, time with family and friends, and a quick trip to Disneyland with my bestie!
And unless anything goes sideways, I’ll be in your inbox as usual next Thursday.
Have a fantastic day,
Leave a Comment