#FtheHustle ~ 048 – Did Someone Say Boundaries?October 14, 2021 November 1, 2021 /
What. A. Week.
That’s how I felt by Tuesday of this week.
Have you ever had one of those weeks? All good, but very full, and by Wednesday morning you’re wishing it were Friday.
I don’t have those weeks often, because I’m pretty good about managing my time and my schedule, but when things get busy (launching something, finishing something, new projects, etc.), it’s easy to get caught up in the momentum.
Then I crash. 🥴
I haven’t crashed yet, but I see some much-needed quiet time coming this weekend.
This is where boundaries come in.
There are two ways to look at boundaries in your business (and life for that matter).
The first is obvious, which is setting boundaries with other people.
Being protective of your time, your schedule, and most importantly, your skills and talents (i.e, don’t work for free).
Here’s the other boundary.
Ready for this?
This is the boundary you set with YOURSELF. 🔥
Stay with me here…
We all have certain ways we respond or react to situations.
It’s human nature.
However, the trick is realizing that how we respond is a CHOICE (reaction is oftentimes just the nonsense that goes on in our head).
The older I get the easier it is to be less reactive. You simply know that 9 times out of 10 it’s not worth the energy. If you respond from that instant reactive space all it will do is turn your day sideways (or upside down for that matter).
Making a conscious decision to not react or respond immediately is one of the best gifts you can give yourself.
Otherwise, you end up like Kermit:
I’m not saying this is easy (your ego will fight you tooth & nail to justify that “you’re right.” Personally, I’d rather be at peace) – but it is worth it.
So the boundaries you set with yourself are things like:
- Choosing to take 3 deep breaths and waiting before responding
- Making a commitment to not feed the stories in your head about someone else’s behavior
- Promising not to compromise on your price or your time
- Saying “No” because you want to. End of story.
- Deciding that just because you can, doesn’t mean you should
This is one of the fastest ways to grow your business.
The more you value yourself, the better you become at setting boundaries that support the business you want to create.
A Little Brainpower 🧠
Storytime: I finally got around to sharing the journey of why I moved to Costa Rica. I wrote the post on Medium in my #FtheHUSTLE publication (will post more original content there in the future) and wanted to share it with you. I’d love some claps and a comment if it resonates with you.
This one is definitely worth saving for future reference. Headline writing can be tricky (especially when you’re trying to create headlines for SEO), but it’s a little more fun with email because the goal isn’t for keyword relevance as much as it’s to get someone to open. Read “17 Extraordinarily Effective Email Subject Lines You Can Steal” by Jonah Malin here.
Tool Time 🛠
Even though I’ve had zero time this past week to try any new tools, there certainly wasn’t a lack of new things to find.
- Surveys: It’s pretty easy to create a survey with a Google form or most form builders, but if you’re looking for something a little more robust, try SurveyMist for free here.
- Calendar: Just when you thought we had enough calendars, out comes Vimcal. Calendar, booking, and timezones built in (it’s worth watching the demo to see how powerful this is). Checkout Vimcal here.
- Meetings: I started testing this last week. A tool to that brings scheduling meetings, taking notes and creating tasks all under one tool. Try Hugo for free here.
- Whiteboarding: There’s certainly no shortage of productivity tools available. I’m pretty hooked on Excalidraw, but this looks worth a test drive. Try Clover for free here.
I love animals. I’ve felt how this squirrel looks… 🤣
I hosted a live stream with Lindsay Halsay of Pathfinderseo.com yesterday (I’ll be doing a podcast interview with her as well). It was SO good! “3 Ways to Grow Organic Traffic”. I’ll do a full post on the live stream as well, but in the meantime:
Only TWO spots left!
This is the last week to join Email Insiders VIP!
I have two spots left! This is a small, private coaching group where we will get your email marketing up, working, and making SALES for you in your business.
AND… you’ll actually enjoy sending emails. 😉
I’m doing a private onboarding call with everyone where we will map out YOUR goals and what you want to accomplish in Email Insiders VIP!
This is a map of mine, made with Excalidraw (my new favorite tool). This is something you and I create together (and it’s a little tease for #FtheHUSTLE Insiders!)
Just email me: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll hop on a call!
Have a fantastic day,