#FtheHustle ~ 046 – Quit CompromisingSeptember 30, 2021 October 8, 2021 /
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that thinking about ways in which we compromise ourselves in our business and life is happening at the same time one of my favorite authors released his new book.
The book is “Courage is Calling” by Ryan Holiday.
And here’s a little fun fact for you… the root meaning of the word coincidence actually means “exact correspondence in substance and nature.” I remember hearing Dr. Wayne Dyer said it means to “perfectly coincide.”
And somehow it’s become something we think is accidental in nature.
The topic of compromise has come up for me a lot lately and by our current definition, I would say it’s not a coincidence.
I’m a big believer that “Everything is Energy” (that may become a hashtag. #justsayin)… and while science has proven this, it’s not something our logical minds necessarily grasp (or can make sense of).
What we put out into the world comes back to us.
Compromise shows up in our businesses in a lot of different ways:
- not having boundaries
- doing work you really don’t want to be doing because you think you *should* (different than work you do that you don’t want to do but it’s a means to an end that puts food on the table)
- working with people who don’t resonate with you
- marketing and selling in a way that makes you feel like you need to shower afterward (#bromarketer)
- spending time on platforms that suck the life out of you
- following trends out of fear instead of choice
I’m sure you can come up with more reasons to add that aren’t listed above.
All of this is part of the process of growing a business, so it’s not a problem that we experience them, it’s a problem if we live with them.
Pay attention to where you compromise in your business.
Then do whatever you can to change that behavior. The less you compromise the more space you create in your business (and life), for the right opportunities.
The opportunities that light you up! 🔥
The opportunities that bring in the income you want (beyond need).
The opportunities you CHOOSE.
Start being more discerning with your time and energy, you don’t need to compromise.
A Little Brainpower 🧠
Finding new frameworks for things you need to do in your business is gold! I recently discovered Jay Acunzo, who writes a brilliant newsletter (The Playing Favorites Newsletter). His “Frustration Statement” article gives you a writing template that takes you from rough idea to resonate.
Related: Everybody Writes, by Anne Handley
I’ve only done one giveaway, and it was for the Content Creators Planner before we launched. With over 500 entries in only 4 days I’d say it was a success. If you’re thinking about trying a giveaway, here’s how to integrate hashtags into the strategy. Read, “The Best Giveaway Hashtags to Use in 2021” here.
Tool Time 🛠
- Instagram: Tired of guessing which hashtags to use? Me too. Grow your account, business, and influence by using the right hashtags. Try Flick for hashtags and Instagram research for free here.
- Voice: I’m a big fan of voice messaging- iMessage, Voxer, Messenger, WhatsApp. Here’s a new tool that makes it easy to send an audio message in Gmail. Try Vocal for free here.
- Twitter: Looking for someone new to follow on Twitter? This tool will automagically find them for you based on your feed. Try Feeds Mage free here.
- Processes: a new way to create and share processes for tasks that eliminates a lot of the necessary editing. Try Scribe for free here.
I’m starting to wonder about my humor… 🤣
Email Insiders VIP Cohort 2 is OPEN!
This is a small, private group coaching (only 10 people, 1 spot was taken yesterday and I have 5 more calls already ).
· A private one-to-one onboarding call with me
· 2 group coaching calls per month
· Monthly Q&A call
· Voxer access for individual questions
We’ll look at:
· The current state of your email list
· How you’re driving traffic & leads
· How you email (frequency, content, style, automations)
· What you want to accomplish
· Create a plan to accomplish it
The primary areas of the training (each call will include coaching, not just hot seats, and Q&A) will be list growth, consistent emailing, launch & promotional emails, and of course because I love them… newsletters.
OH… and because of the timing of this round, we’ll be looking at Black Friday Cyber Monday emails too!
You don’t have to be a “writer” to succeed with email marketing.
You just need to care about your subscribers and have a great offer that solves a problem they have.
The end result for you?
You have an email list you email often, have an offer that converts, and make sales from your list. Every. Single. Week.
The next step?
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set up a time to chat.
Oh… and this isn’t some ‘high ticket’ sales call (nor is this a “high ticket” offer).
This is you and I having a quick chat to see if it’s a good fit.
Have a fantastic day!