#FtheHustle ~ 040 – New Software DemoAugust 12, 2021 August 20, 2021 /
Every year about this time Facebook reminds me of my little addiction to fall and all things pumpkin spice.
A year ago today I shared a picture of a cute fall care package my daughter had sent me when I was living in Boise (see how much can happen in a year? My love of the season rubbed off on her).
I love fall, but it’s not what you think.
It’s not for all the Pinterestized pictures I can take of pumpkins, plaid, and fall foliage (Pinterestized is another one of my made-up words, but I think you get jist of what it means).
It’s because of what fall reminds me of. 🍁🍂
I was blessed to have an idyllic childhood with wonderful parents, and fall was my Mom’s favorite season. My Mom had a way of making all the holidays feel magical.
Fall was the beginning of 4 months of fun, magic, and holiday activities.
When I think of fall I remember how the house smelled, the decor my Mom would put out, the excitement of deciding what costume to wear for Halloween…
Since my Mom passed away 2 years ago holidays have been hard, but having a little distance I’ve started remembering what I love about the season (although I’m going to have to bring some pumpkin candles and decor back from California to Costa Rica).
It’s also the time of year when I start thinking seriously about what I want the remainder of the year to look like in my business.
As much as I’m all about #FtheHustle, I also know that these next four months provide a lot of opportunity for online businesses (not just e-commerce).
Here are a couple of tips as you start thinking about what you do and don’t want to do during these next four months:
- Start planning now
- Make sure any promotions don’t get in the way of your life and how you want to feel during this time of year
- Instead of discounting what you do, can you offer an incentive? Bonus? Bundles?
- If you don’t have a product or service to offer, can you run a contest or giveaway to grow your email list?
- Can you participate as an affiliate?
A lot of people wait until this time of year to see what kinds of deals are available as well as making business purchases they can use as a write-off before the end of the year.
Whatever you do, have fun with it!
A Little Brainpower 🧠
This isn’t something I’m great at, so I’m always looking for tips and suggestions to easily build quality links. Matthew Woodward has been blogging and teaching about SEO for years. Check out his post on “15X Incredible Link Building Strategies for 2021” here.
Even with all the changes in privacy and Facebook ads, running paid traffic is still an important part of growing your online business. Jackie Ellis has written a great (and easy to understand) article on “3 Simple Copy Updates that can Lower Your Ad Spend.”
Related: 10 Quick Tips for Facebook Ads
Tool Time 🛠
- Links: once you have some of the strategies down from the article from Matthew Woodward, maybe you can try Postaga for outreach and external link building.
- URL shortener: if you’ve hit your Bitly limit or want to try something different, checkout Snapt for customizing and shortening your links.
- AI writing: if you’re still on the fence with AI writing tools, AppSumo has a lifetime deal for Peppertype.ai if you want to dip your toes in without the commitment of a monthly subscription (thanks for the tip Tess!).
- Testimonials + Video: we all know how powerful video is and capturing video testimonials is great social proof for your products and services! Make it easy for people to deliver them. Try VideoAsk free here.
A little reminder for you today…
Newsletters to check out
For travel: it’s probably not a surprise that I enjoy traveling, but when I saw the Travel Goals Workbook for this newsletter I got excited about creating NEW travel goals! Subscribe to Silva’s Travel Tribe here and get the Travel Goals Workbook!
Social Media: I learn a new tip every time I read this newsletter! Social Butterfly group delivers in-depth social tips in each newsletter! They have a new website coming but until then, you can subscribe to the #PositiveVibes newsletter here.
This issue was brought to you by Jarvis (formerly Conversion.ai).