#FtheHustle ~ 027 – 3.5 Weeks!May 6, 2021 May 24, 2021 /
It’s literally 3.5 weeks until I move to Costa Rica. 🌴
I thought the 8 weeks I’d be in California was going to be leisurely and I’d have all kinds of time.
Yea… not so much. It’s gone by way faster than I thought it would and here I am counting down to May 31st.
Here’s the crazy thing…
There’s nothing like being busy to get more done.
According to Parkinson’s Law:
“Work expands as to fill the time available for its completion.”
The less time you have the more you’re able to complete in a shorter amount of time. When you have lots of time there’s no urgency to complete it.
Even when I have more time, I don’t necessarily leave it until the last minute, I simply stretch it out so as not to be rushed.
What I’ve done (and am finalizing with 3.5 weeks left), is:
- Create, sold, and hosted a 90-minute Content Promotion Code Workshop (outline and sales page were done before I left Boise)
- Launch and sell a pilot program for email marketing (see below for more details)
- Am finishing up a sales page to pre-sell a newsletter course
- Written emails, blog posts, newsletters, recorded podcasts
- Taking care of getting everything ready to move out of the country (still blows my mind that this is actually happening)
- Seeing as much family and friends as I can before I leave
- Getting my car repaired now that someone backed into it (never dull)
And of course trying to help my Dad with as much as I can while I’m here.
I’m not telling you any of this to emphasis that I’m getting sh*t done… just to remind you what you’re capable of.
Also… this is a short window (8 weeks has quickly become 3.5).
So this pace is a little more sustainable than if this were to be a permanent schedule (because I’m just going to go ahead and tell you HELL no would I want to keep up this type of schedule).
I LOVE white space in my life.
In fact, I’d go so far as to say I need it to stay sane.
What’s made this entire thing so manageable (besides meditation and regular calls with my therapist), is that I thoroughly love everything I’m doing right now.
It may not be an easy transition, but do whatever it takes to get to the point in your business where you’re only doing what you truly enjoy doing.
If it’s not fun, I’m not doing it.
Just the Tip 💡
If you have an idea for a course, coaching program, or product, pre-sell it or lower the price and do a beta version. Over-deliver, get feedback from your customers, ask them what else would be helpful, and get some testimonials. Then go and create a more in-depth program and do a full launch.
A Little Brainpower 🧠
Here it is… the long awaited (er, sort of long awaited) Twitter Spaces are here for anyone with an audience of 600 followers or more. This is Twitter’s answer to Clubhouse but is available on Android as well as iPhone and doesn’t require an invite. Find out how to create a Twitter Space here.
Looks like we’re seeing a lot more ‘gated’ content than before (which is a good thing). Now that Apple has announced premium podcasts I think we’ll see a lot more options in this space (audio seems to be the content du jour). Anchor has recently released paid subscriptions. Read about Anchor’s Premium Subscriptions here.
Related: Bringing Social Audio to Facebook
Tool Time 🛠
I haven’t had much time to test tools, but I’ve still found some gems for you. I’m still deep into my obsession with Conversion.ai, which just keeps getting better.
- Podcasting: I use Zencastr for my podcasts and have the video version as well, just haven’t dialed it in yet. Riverside.FM looks like a great option for better audio, video of podcasts, and meetings. Try Riverside.FM free here.
- Graphics: need some fun, animated avatars, gifs, and animations for your next presentation? Better yet, make a video with your animated presentation. Try Animaker Deck free here.
- FUN! This is a little silly, but if you want to create a fun image of a newspaper clipping, look no further. Enter your headline and text and presto! You’ve got a photo that looks like a newspaper article! Use The Newspaper Clipping Generator free here.
- Messaging: I have so much to learn with all this, but I think there is massive value in messaging. Whether it’s event reminders, product announcements or sales… it’s definitely worth testing. Use One Signal for free for your Customer Messaging needs
I’m glad my kids are adults… 🤣
Pilot program for Email Marketing
This was in yesterday’s email, but here’s what I’m doing.
his is a 2-month program (no more than 10-people).
- A private one-to-one onboarding call with me
- 2 group coaching calls per month
- Monthly Q&A call
- Voxer access for individual questions
We’ll look at:
- The current state of your email list
- How you’re driving traffic & leads
- How you email (frequency, content, style, automations)
- What you want to accomplish
- Create a plan to accomplish it
The primary areas of the training (each call will include coaching, not just hot seats and Q&A) will be list growth, consistent emailing, launch & promotional emails, and of course, because I love them… newsletters.
Email marketing is the ONE thing I wish I had put more time and energy into when I first started my business (over 13 years ago).
You don’t have to be a “writer” to succeed with email marketing.
You just need to care about your subscribers, and have a great offer that solves a problem they have.
The end result for you?
You have an email list you email often, have an offer that converts, and make sales from your list. Every.Single.Week.
The next step?
Simply hit reply and we’ll set up a time to talk.
Oh… and this isn’t some ‘high ticket’ sales call (nor is this a “high ticket” offer).
This is you and I having a quick chat to see if it’s a good fit.
Just email me and we’ll set up a time to talk.
Have a fantastic day,