#FtheHustle ~ 002November 15, 2020 November 19, 2020 /
I have a little exercise for you to try.
It’s something I did for myself recently and it made a huge difference in how I thought about a handful of things.
This is something I’m going to have my coaching clients and members of my upcoming Mastermind do.
Before I share what it is, I want to tell you why I’m sharing this.
There is so much going on right now. It’s been a crazy week in the United States with the election, many countries have gone back into lockdown, and a lof of people are at their wits end.
It can be easy to get caught up in things that don’t serve us or make us feel good. Often times we’re operating on auto pilot and don’t even realize it.
This is where this exercise comes in.
It’s incredibly simple but can be so very powerful.
Take a piece of paper and a pen (typing is O.K. too though) and write in BIG letters across the top, “What if?”
Then reframe anything you can think of that is causing you stress or feels hard.
Using busines as an example:
- What if this launch goes smoothly?
- What if it’s easy to grow my subscriber list?
- What if I decided writing was fun?
- What if my audience was waiting for me to #JustShowUP?
- What if this potential client said no because a better client is on the way?
More often than not, we play the “what if” game in a way that doesn’t serve us.
Don’t overthink this.
Go ALL in and see how you feel when you’re done.
A Little Brainpower 🧠
Regardless of what software you use for your landing pages, there are best practices to creating landing pages that deliver results. Lucky for you Brian Dean of Backlinko has created a definitive guide. It’s a 5 Chapter blog post!
Read “Landing Page: The Definitive Guide” Here
This kind of piggybacks off the exercise I asked you to do above and something I asked you not to do… which is overthink. I don’t know about you, but I’ve wasted a lot of time and energy overthinking things. Read how two simple words taught the author how to stop overthinking.
Read “How a Buddhist Monk Taught Me to Stop Overthinking”
Tool Time 🛠
I made the switch to Rank Math for SEO shortly after it came out (over a year ago I think… time’s a blur). I had been using Yoast forever and found Rank Math much more intuitive and the free version has a lot to offer. They just released their paid version and it’s quite a steal!
Check out the paid version of Rank Math here
I have a little confession to make… I’ve never really enjoyed video editing (or audio for that matter). Creating video for your business can be a chore or a lot of fun (note to self: what if video editing were fun? haha). I found this app a while ago and had forgottten about it. It’s “Simple online video editing for Creators.”
Try Story Creator for free here
For Your Viewing Pleasure 📹
O.K., so this is kind of a two-fer in that it’s a video and a product review from my good friend, Mike Killen. Mike has a great YouTube channel and he recently did a review of Descript (which is an audio and video editor that creates transcripts as well. It’s way more powerful than that though).
Watch Mike’s “Descript review here”
I’m going to start “upping” my Instagram game and actually purchased Vanessa Lau’s Bossgram course this summer (which I highly recommend and is about so much more than Instagram). She’s built a huge brand with YouTube and Instagram ans has recently gotten great results with Instagram Reels.
Watch How to EXPLODE Your REACH with Instagram Reels (Zero to 200,000 Views)
Because We All Need More Books 📕
I’ve talked about this book quite a bit and it’s still one of my favorite marketing books. This answered so many questions for me about building a brand and how to communicate to your audience. Create a movement and build your brand.
Read “Expert Secrets” by Russell Brunson here
Most entrepreneurs I know have read “Think and Grow Rich” by Napolean Hill. It’s one of those books you can reread every couple of years. After you’ve read that I highly recommend reading the biography of Napolean Hill. He started from very humble beginnings (and is a great reminder to go for what you want in life).
Read “A Lifetime of Riches – The Biography of Napolean Hill here
A little comic relief 🤣
Whew! Issue No.2 in the bag! I’m really have a blast doing this.
Thanks to everyone for all the feedback on the first issue last week. 90% of it was positive and it means the world to me. The other 10% wasn’t negative, but it’s not for everyone, and that’s O.K.
Let’s end with a little more comic relief, shall we?
Here’ a montage of clips from FRIENDS that sums up 2020 (there are some creative people on TikTok, this is on my Facebook profile).
Have a fantastic day my friends,
p.s. I almost forgot! Jodi and I are hosting the first-ever Content Marketing Accelerator! Get your content strategy for the first 90 days of 2021 created in this 2-day LIVE virtual event with us!