Conductor Plugin – Not Just Another Page BuilderApril 10, 2015 September 28, 2020 /
After having talked to Matt a few times (we had a ‘hey, how’s it going’ chat on Skype first, then we recorded the podcast… which didn’t record! So we did it a second time), I kind of wondered what took me so long to get Matt on the show (my doing, not his!).
No complaints here though that it didn’t record the first time because that simply meant I got to talk to Matt again (and I’m sure it comes as no surprise to tell you that Matt was a total champ about having to do the interview a second time… and he recorded it also, just in case! You gotta love interviewing other podcasters and tech-savvy people!).
While I’m sure Matt doesn’t need much of an introduction, I’m going to give it to you anyways.
Matt Medeiros founded & runs “The Matt Report“, Slocum themes, and the uber-awesome Conductor Plugin. The Matt Report is a WordPress Podcast for Digital Business Owners. Slocum themes are the theme shop he founded (with his Dad… how cool is that?) and now the Conductor plugin, which is a visual page builder for WordPress (but not like some of the other visual page builders I’ve discussed on the show. But we’ll dive deeper into that in a bit).
We talked in-depth about what makes the Conductor plugin a unique page builder (it focuses on content and uses the built-in WordPress Customizer).
What You’ll Learn in This Episode
- How he moved from car sales to computers
- Why he started ‘The Matt Report”
- How he finds clients (for his WordPress Agency)
- What Matt thinks about page builders in general
- What makes Conductor different from other page builders
- How he uses Conductor for sales pitches (pretty brilliant)
- How they came up with pricing for the plugin and how they’ve been marketing it
Questions I asked Matt
- What was he doing before getting into WordPress
- How he started his business
- How did he decide which features to add into Conductor?
- What have been some of the challenges/opportunities in creating a premium plugin?
- What advice would you give someone wanting to create a premium plugin/product for WordPress?
- What’s on the horizon for Conductor?
- Anything fun about yourself you’d like to share (that people might not know about you)
I think once you hear what Conductor can do for your clients you’re definitely going to want to see how powerful this tool is and what it can do for YOUR business as well! Be sure to register for the webinar training on April 28th, 2015 at 5:00 pm PST where Matt is going to demo the power behind Conductor and show you exactly how you can create amazing sites by focusing on the content (and increase conversions!).
Where you can connect with Matt
Links from this Episode