E-commerce, WordPress Summits & Watches with Jan Koch WPCP: 171December 8, 2017 September 9, 2019 /
Talking with Jan Koch was one of those interviews that seems like it should have happened much, much sooner.
I’ve been following Jan Koch for a few years on social media, we have quite a few mutual friendships and for one reason or another, we simply hadn’t connected sooner. I’m so glad we finally made this interview happen. AND… I’m going to go ahead and give a little bit of a prediction here and I think we’re going to be hearing a lot more from Jan as an authority/influencer. But that’s just my two cents. 😉 . Connecting with Jan (finally), has been a perfect example of the power of relationships. Since having this conversation Jan has connected me with someone who you’ll be hearing more from (hint: he has a SaaS product you’re ALL going to want to use), I’ve signed up for the Virtual Summit Mastery (probably one of the best courses I’ve ever purchased) through Jan’s recommendation and link and feel like we’re just getting started.
I had a ton of fun talking with Jan (I know, I know… I say that all the time. But it’s true, I love having these conversations) and think you’re going to get a ton from this interview (as well as the discount Jan has offered to my listeners for his amazing wooden watches! But you’ll have to listen to the interview to find out what that’s all about).
Questions I Asked Jan
- Can you share your background with the audience?
- When did you launch WP Mastery?
- What made you decide to launch WP Summit?
- I love that your focus is on building business platforms with WordPress. What made you decide to choose this niche?
- Let’s talk about your e-commerce business, Little Oak (unique wooden watches). What’s the story behind launching a line of watches?
- How are you marketing Little Oak?
- Do you have any recommendations for someone who wants to start a physical products business?
What You’re Going to Learn
- Why Jan dropped out of his Master’s program
- What he learned running a virtual summit
- What the virtual summit did for his business
- The type of work his agency does (his agency business is a German website and focuses on German businesses)
- Why he uses WooCommerce to run his e-commerce store (he started on Shopify)
- How you should validate the need for your product before jumping into E-Commerce
- Why you should set aside a reasonable budget for testing
Where to Connect with Jan