Consult Your Way to Success – My Interview with Michael Zipursky WPCP: 050February 5, 2015 September 28, 2020 /
The term ‘consulting’ has been around for a LONG time and is something we’re all familiar with, but you don’t tend to hear the term online as often as you do offline (well, at least in the space I’m in).
My guest on the show today has managed to do a phenomenal job of building a hugely successful consulting business working with clients all over the world and helping them focus on what really makes a difference in your business. And he started in the web development and design side of things (which you’ll hear I didn’t know about him until this interview).
Which is why I wanted to bring Michael Zipursky of Consulting Success onto the show.
Having worked with businesses all over the world Michael and his team stepped into coaching and working with other consultants. One of the biggest challenges Michael sees with the consultants he works with is that they rely on referrals and don’t know how to land the bigger projects and bigger clients to scale their business to the next level.
What works for one person won’t necessarily work for YOUR business.
“Is your Value Proposition aligned with who you want to attract?”
Some questions I ask:
– What were you doing prior to launching ConsultingSuccess.com? (I love hearing the ‘before’ story of the entrepreneurs I work with)
– How & when did you take your business online?
– Can you share some of your client success stories? (how about adding 3 million to your business in one year?)
– How do you help the consultants you work with getting over the challenges of charging more?
– Do you run into issues where people are afraid to really narrow down who they work with? Who is their “Ideal Client”
In this episode you will learn:
– Why you HAVE to start with your value proposition
– Why charging hourly is a disservice to your clients and your business
– The challenges of charging more
– Why you always need to focus on value & ROI
– Why you have to focus on your IDEAL market and why casting a wider net isn’t a smart decision
– When you’re getting started you need to invest your time and money targeting your right clients
– Go fast & deep into YOUR market
– The value of spending time with like-minded people (referring to our Mastermind)
“Authorities are able to demand higher fees”
Ready to step up your Consulting & Coaching Business?
Bonus link from Consulting Success:
You may also like these episodes: