Breaking the Perfectionist Mindset – My Interview with Bob McIntosh WPCP: 081December 17, 2015 December 14, 2018 /
As soon as I heard the title of this book I knew I wanted to speak with the author. I would bet that at one time or another most entrepreneurs have dealt with the ‘perfectionist’ mindset (and this is by no means exclusive to entrepreneurs). It’s easy to get caught up in things being ‘just so’ before we launch, ship, publish and share our message with the world. If you’ve ever done this (or do this? Maybe you find yourself taking longer to complete something than you should?), then this interview and book are for you. Before we get into the interview itself, I want to make sure you have the details to get a copy of the book yourself.
Get Out of Your Own Way!: How to Break the Perfectionist Mindset and Unleash the Floodgates of Prosperity in Your Business
by: Bob McIntosh
I recorded a solo show earlier this year titled, “You are the obstacle in your business”… so clearly this book and interview resonated with me. Plus, Bob is just a great guy!
What You’re Going to Learn in this Episode:
- What Bob was doing before he started his current business
- How he went from Real Estate to online business and Author
- That we’re all at different points in our business and lives… we even discussed one of my least favorite words (‘hustle’)
- What you can do to achieve excellence in your own life & business
- How to identify your core values
[tweet_box]”Perfection is defined by our internal standards, Excellence is defined by everyone else’s perception of what we’re putting out there.” @thebobmcintosh[/tweet_box]
Questions I asked Bob
- Is there a story behind the title?
- Where did the perfectionist mindset come from?
- What are some of the things we can do to get out of our own way?
- What were some of the things you learned from your mentors?
- What are some of the ways we can achieve excellence without worrying about being perfect?
[tweet_box]”You VIBE attracts your TRIBE” @thebobmcintosh[/tweet_box]
Where to Connect with Bob
Other Episodes You Might Enjoy:
Leave me a comment and I will randomly choose one person who will receive a free copy of Bob’s book!